God's Way is Life and Truth; Satan's way is death and lies:
"the god of this world [see What Satan Fears Most] has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the Gospel of the glory of Christ, Who is the likeness of God." (2 Corinthians 4:4 RSV)
Speak God's Language - The Truth
Always speaking the truth brings freedom, peace of mind and eternal life:
"Sanctify them in the truth; Thy Word is truth." (John 17:17 RSV)
"Put off your old nature which belongs to your former manner of life and is corrupt through deceitful lusts, and be renewed in the spirit of your minds, and put on the new nature, created after the likeness of God in true righteousness and holiness. Therefore, putting away falsehood, let every one speak the truth with his neighbor, for we are members one of another." (Ephesians 4:22-25 RSV)
"We have renounced disgraceful, underhanded ways; we refuse to practice cunning or to tamper with God's word, but by the open statement of the truth we would commend ourselves to every man's conscience in the sight of God." (2 Corinthians 4:2 RSV)
"Therefore take the whole Armor Of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having girded your loins with truth" (Ephesians 6:13-14 RSV)
Truth or Consequences
There will be no liars in the Kingdom of God:
"Behold, I am coming soon, bringing my recompense, to repay every one for what he has done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end." Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and fornicators and murderers and idolaters, and every one who loves and practices falsehood." (Revelation 22:12-15 RSV)
"Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire..."
There is nothing in this world worth lying about. The old mocking children's rhyme, "Liar, liar, pants on fire..." is not entirely inappropriate, considering what is surely coming:
Fact Finder: Does anyone ever "get away with" anything?
See Glass Houses
This Week's Bible Quiz
Of Jacob/Israel's 12 sons:
1. Which one had a name beginning with an "R"?
2. Which one had a name beginning with an "S"?
3. Which one had a name beginning with an "L"?
4. Which two had names beginning with a "J"?
5. Which one had a name beginning with an "I"?
6. Which one had a name beginning with a "Z"?
7. Which one had a name beginning with a "D"?
8. Which one had a name beginning with a "B"?
9. Which one had a name beginning with an "N"?
10. Which one had a name beginning with a "G"?
11. Which one had a name beginning with an "A"?
12. What is the name of Jacob/Israel's only recorded daughter?
For the answers to this February 27 2001 quiz, see the Bible Quiz Answers Page